Monday, May 27, 2013

Book Review: The 4-Hour Work Week by Tim Ferris



    I finally had a chance to read this #1 Best Seller and International Phenomenon book by Timothy Ferris. I hope you get to read this book review, if you do a Big Thank you!

   I have been blogging since January 2009 and it was been interesting journey for sure. From by first blog post been written and shared on two other website. Created a referral within 48hrs! (I was a memorable experience for sure). Since then I have continued to write article on topics from networking, mentorship and social media.

In mid 2011 I begin to write a Spotlight feature where I interview various connections in my networking and ask they two dynamics questions and they supplied they answers!  50 interview later I put the book online and began to get some great reviews. Took it a step further and began to bring these amazing professionals and entrepreneurs to share at my local events in Toronto,Ont and the feedback was awesome.

 Lastly I have successfully leverage numerous articles into paid speaking opportunities, being hired because of articles and videos I have made on You Tube by a very well known and big social media company based in Boston.(let you figure that out!)

 It bring met to the point how this information ties into the information share in this book. The power of action, leverage and automation is powerful internet commodity to use in what ever expertise you have.

I truly believe the 4-Hour work week strategy works. It's about taking the Learn. Do and Apply attitude to make it happen.

Below are some great insights from the book I wanted to share

 On the power of You:
  " Do not overestimate the competition and underestimate yourself.  You are better than you think."

  Difference between Being Effective vs. Being Efficient

  "Effectiveness is doing the things that get you closer to your goals. Efficiency is performing a given task (whether important or not) in the most economical manner possible. Being efficient without regard to effectiveness is the default mode of the universe."

  How to handle your email and phone calls better

  1. Create systems to limit your availability via email and phone and deflect inappropriate contact.

 Get the auto-response and voice mail script in place now, and master the various methods of evasion. Replace the habit of "How are you?" with "How can I help you?" Get specific and remember-no stories. Focus on immediate actions. Set and practice interruption-killing policies.

 Avoid meetings whenever possible:


- Use e-mail instead of face-to-face meetings to solve problems
- Beg off going (this can be accomplished through the Puppy Dog Close).

If meeting are unavoidable, keep the following in mind:

 -Go with a clear set of objectives.
 -Set an end time or leave early.

 Favourite application Timothy Ferris loves to use: www.evernote.com

 This is perhaps the most impressive tool I've found last year, introduced to me by some of the most productive technologist in the world. Evernote eliminated more than 90% of the paper in my life and eliminated nearly all the multiple tabs I used to leave in my web browsers, both of which distracted me to  end. It can clear out your entire office clutter in one to three hours.

 Evernote allows you to easily capture information from anywhere using whatever device is at hand, and everything is then searchable (read;findable from anywhere. 
 
 Click to view website
 

The book has numerous other suggestion to make you your day more productive and automate you life and make money by following simple and easy to steps.

Look forward to Learn, Do and Apply the strategies in this amazing book.



For more information
Learn more from Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment